Parkinson’s disease or Parkinsonism is one such disease which disturbs your activities of daily living by limiting your movements or altering your movements in a way which you would not have preferred to have. Parkinsonism is a clinical syndrome characterized by tremor, rigidity, and postural instability. Parkinsonism is a symptom complex, and differs from Parkinson’s disease which is a progressive neurodegenerative illness. Parkinson’s disease, known in Ayurveda as “Kampavata” is a neurological disorder. Ayurveda can cure Parkinson’s disease with proper treatments.
Ayurvedic treatments for Parkinsonism :
- Shirodhara – Shirodhara therapy that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead is one of the steps involved in Panchakarma.
- Shirolepa – Shiorolepa is a specific technique through which herbal pastes are applied over the patients head. Firstly. Medicated oil is applied over the head and body, then finely grounded herbal paste is kept over the head(vetex) and the area is covered.
- Basti – Basti karma concentrates on the elimination of the loosened vata dosha out through the rectum. The treatment involves the introduction of medicinal substances, such as, herbal oils and decoctions in a liquid medium, into the rectum of the person.
- Sarvanga abhyanga – Sarvanga Abhyanga is a process in which massage is done to the whole body with the help of medicated oil in a systematic procedure.
- Shastika Shali Pinda Sweda – Shastika Shali Pinda Sweda is very good treatment modality in chronic Vata diseases.